What are a hard drive and its importance? The hard drive is an essential part of a computer because it stores all your information. It’sIt’s what allows you to save pictures, videos, music, documents, etc. For this reason, you must keep the hard drive clean and free from any viruses or malware that may be trying to infect your system. It will also help with other potential problems like hard disk read-write head failure, which can cause data loss if not addressed early enough.
- How do I know if my hard disk has malfunctioned?
- Troubleshooting Issue
- Fixing Hard Drive not detected
- Fixing Hard drive adapter (Method 1)
- Make sure connections are stable (Method 2)
- Using Boot Mode (Method 3)
- Using Hard drive Regenerator (Method 4)
- How to avoid hard drive issues
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my hard disk has malfunctioned?
It may have malfunctioned when :
- Windows ten message pops up asking for permission before accessing it.
- Programs freeze randomly or unexpectedly close at times.
- There are delays in opening files.
- The system becomes slow while browsing.
- Some other symptoms include unusually high CPU usage despite a low computer load or a hard drive making a lot of noise.
Try to get access to the hard drive in your computer case; it is mounted on the motherboard or connected to the motherboard using some connecting wires. If you don’t feel any spinning or little sound, then there is a chance your hard drive is dead, and you need to replace it with the new one, but if you feel that your hard drive spinning but not being detected you can continue with this guide.
Another method to check your hard drive is to connect it to the other computer as a secondary hard drive.
Fixing Hard Drive not detected
Now you have made sure that your hard drive spinning not but not detected to continue with the fix. Following are some ways to solve the issue:
Fixing Hard drive adapter (Method 1)
If Windows cannot detect your Hard Drive, you are likely experiencing an issue with the Hard Drive Adapter. If this is the case, there are several things you can do to fix it.
- Remove any Hard Drives from the Hard Drive Adapter
- Use BIOS to reset the Hard Drive adapter to default settings
- Replace or install a new Hard Drive Adapter
Make sure connections are stable (Method 2)
There are a few ways to check if your hard drive is connected correctly. First, if your computer starts up and ejects the hard drive’s tray when you press the button next, there is no problem with the connection. If your computer does not start up and ejects the hard drive’s tray, then you should check for any visible cables between your hard drive and your motherboard.
If this does not work, you will need to open up your computer and reset all connections on both parts of the cord. It may not be accessible without experience in repairing computers, but some websites have step-by-step instructions for opening up your computer. In addition, if you’re not confident in reattaching the cords inside of your computer, please take your device to a professional to get it fixed properly.
Using Boot Mode (Method 3)
- For this, you’ll need another Hard drive with the operating system’s files on it.
- Put your Hard Drive in the Hard Drive bay with the non-functioning Hard Drive.
- Turn your computer on and go into boot mode. Wait for Windows to startup. Select the Hard Drive that contains the operating system when prompted. Make sure both Hard Drives are selected in the prompt before clicking next. The Hard Drives should be initialized together at this prompt by default, but if they are not, you can select “Initialize” from each Hard Drive individually to do so.
- Once the Hard Drives are initialized, you should be able to access them on My Computer. You can also check Disk Management for more information about your Hard Drive’sDrive status.
Using Hard drive Regenerator (Method 4)
The fourth method is to use a Hard Drive Regenerator. Hard Drive Regenerator can attempt to regenerate data that has gone corrupt on any hard drive, including the Seagate Hard drive that is not being recognized by your computer. Hard Drive Regenerator uses its own Hard Drive controller drivers to regenerate the data on the Hard drive.
How to avoid hard drive issues
To avoid an issue like hard drive spins but not detected, we need to take care of some factors, which are as follow:
- Do not leave your external hard drive in a humid or hot environment. Hard drives do not like high temperatures and humidity.
- Avoid physical shock and impact. The main reason for hard spins but not detected issue is the physical shock as the hard drives are mechanical devices in computers with moving parts.
- Do not unplug the external drive abruptly: Avoid unplugging the external drive abruptly. Unplug it only after clicking on “Eject.”
Hard drives are mechanical devices with moving parts. As a result, hard disks can often be prone to malfunctions if they’re not taken care of carefully, and the most common issue is hard drive spins but not detected. The good news is that it can be solved by following some simple guidelines for Hard Disk Maintenance, such as avoiding high temperatures and humidity. With these tips in mind, you’ll always have a functional Hard Drive to store your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I avoid Hard Disk Failure?
To avoid Hard Disk Failure, you need to take care of Hard Disk. Hard disk requires careful attention for maintenance to prevent this issue. Avoid using the Hard drive in extreme environmental conditions such as in high temperatures and humidity. Do not physically bump or shock your Hard Drive while it is.
My Hard Drive isn’t readable. What do I do?
If your Hard Drive is not readable, connect your Hard Drive to another computer and see if the Hard Disk spins but is not detected. If it does, there may be a problem with the Hard Drive’s interface or controller. Try connecting the Hard disk to different computers or laptops that you have access to. You can also use the Hard drive Regenerator, which may recover.
What are Hard Disk Errors?
Hard Disk Errors are critical Hard disk errors that may happen due to Hard Drive rotational speed or Hard drive spin speed. Hard drive fails when it no longer can calculate the correct position of magnetic heads. Hard Disk Failure occurs due to several reasons like Hard Disk errors or Hard disk heads.